Thread: How to Catch Fish with Asparagus

Oro
    Yep, your gonna need stitches Oro's Avatar
    Occupation
    "Business Man"

How to Catch Fish with Asparagus

Asparagus contains chemicals that pass into human urine and attract fish. There are three kinds of asparagus and it is thought to be beneficial in preventing heart disease.

The young tender shoots of the asparagus are used as a vegetable. It has long been popular, but did go out of favor for a while during the Middle Ages and was popular again during the sixteen hundreds. It was known to many ancient peoples including Romans, Egyptians and Greeks who cooked and ate it during the summer months and dried the stems to keep them for use during the winter.

Asparagus has very few calories and contains anti-oxidants, but is also full of vitamins A, B6, C, E and K. There is some evidence that it may be beneficial to those with heart disease and that the high levels of potassium in asparagus actually slow down the loss of calcium from the body.

There are three different types of asparagus available in most areas of the world and these include Spargel which is German, white asparagus and is grown under the soil so that it stays white. The soil is stacked up over it as it grows. This gives it a much sweeter flavor. Green asparagus is the green and purple one that most of us see quite often. Then there is wild asparagus with its long thin stems and short spears.

Apart from its amazing flavor which is something of an acquired taste, the texture of asparagus is not as popular in UK as it is in US. It also has the ability to attract fish according to US scientist, Homer Smith. He discovered that tinned asparagus was included as part of the emergency ration kit given to American pilots in the Pacific Ocean region, who were working for the US spy organization called the Office of Strategic Services.

The idea of the pilots eating asparagus was a clever one because those who were shot down, or stranded on remote islands had a very valuable way of feeding themselves. Asparagus contains mercaptans which are powerful chemical attractants, and when the vegetable is eaten, these chemicals pass into the urine. The pilots were told to urinate into the water, so that the chemicals would spread through the water and attract fish to the area, making them much easier to catch. This was of course, a valuable food source and the smell of asparagus is present in the urine after just fifteen minutes in many people, or thirty minutes at most.

As a bonus for pilots, asparagus is an excellent source of vitamin A which is essential for good night vision.

I support advertisers

Bite me
    Wow, That is an extremely informative post. Never new the history of asparagus. I hope I don't get a ticket next time im on the beach for indecent exposure cause I have to try this out. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Oro View Post
    Asparagus contains chemicals that pass into human urine and attract fish. There are three kinds of asparagus and it is thought to be beneficial in preventing heart disease.

The young tender shoots of the asparagus are used as a vegetable. It has long been popular, but did go out of favor for a while during the Middle Ages and was popular again during the sixteen hundreds. It was known to many ancient peoples including Romans, Egyptians and Greeks who cooked and ate it during the summer months and dried the stems to keep them for use during the winter.

Asparagus has very few calories and contains anti-oxidants, but is also full of vitamins A, B6, C, E and K. There is some evidence that it may be beneficial to those with heart disease and that the high levels of potassium in asparagus actually slow down the loss of calcium from the body.

There are three different types of asparagus available in most areas of the world and these include Spargel which is German, white asparagus and is grown under the soil so that it stays white. The soil is stacked up over it as it grows. This gives it a much sweeter flavor. Green asparagus is the green and purple one that most of us see quite often. Then there is wild asparagus with its long thin stems and short spears.

Apart from its amazing flavor which is something of an acquired taste, the texture of asparagus is not as popular in UK as it is in US. It also has the ability to attract fish according to US scientist, Homer Smith. He discovered that tinned asparagus was included as part of the emergency ration kit given to American pilots in the Pacific Ocean region, who were working for the US spy organization called the Office of Strategic Services.

The idea of the pilots eating asparagus was a clever one because those who were shot down, or stranded on remote islands had a very valuable way of feeding themselves. Asparagus contains mercaptans which are powerful chemical attractants, and when the vegetable is eaten, these chemicals pass into the urine. The pilots were told to urinate into the water, so that the chemicals would spread through the water and attract fish to the area, making them much easier to catch. This was of course, a valuable food source and the smell of asparagus is present in the urine after just fifteen minutes in many people, or thirty minutes at most.

As a bonus for pilots, asparagus is an excellent source of vitamin A which is essential for good night vision.

I support advertisers

Boat
    43 Viking
    Home Port
    Westport Ma
    Best Catch
    My Daughter
    Occupation
    Office Furniture Decommissioning, Charter Captain
    My Urine stinks like sulfur when I eat Asparagus....

I support advertisers

Boat
    Grady-White 247 Strike
    Home Port
    Mill Wharf Scituate, MA
    Best Catch
    Capt. Tom on Nervous Watah Channel 69
    Occupation
    I have a Front row ticket to the greatest show in the world
    So eating asparagus and pissin in the water is the secret I've been missing out on all these years!

I support advertisers

I use a green machine
    Damn - secret is out. Now we will have to kill you.

I support advertisers